Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10 - Advent

Today’s Scriptures: Lectionary selections from the Revised Common Lectionary Year C

Psalm 126

Isaiah 40:1-11

Romans 8:22-25

Today’s Reflection:

We receive the pathway to peace from by repentance leading toward salvation. Both create a connection to that which is bigger than us. The idea of being connected to that which is larger than we are continues through the passages today. Isaiah contrasts our weak, brittle, temporal existence to the forceful, strong, eternal existence of God.

 

The idea that “that which is bigger than us” remains so intimately connected to us mostly overwhelms me. Who am I that God cares? The unimaginable disparity between our natures forces me to pause and consider the Lord with each good thing that happens with me.

 

Peace comes when I realize that God has my back. Anyone who would be against me is just like me - grass that withers. God is as different from that person as God is different from me and his power over them is equally great.

 

Thanks be to God for having my back!

Revised Common Lectionary Daily Readings, copyright © 2005 Consultation on Common Texts. www.commontexts.org

 

No comments:

Post a Comment