Monday, December 17, 2012

December 17 - Advent

Today’s Scriptures: Lectionary selections from the Revised Common Lectionary Year C

Isaiah 11:1-9

Numbers 16:1-19

Hebrews 13:7-17

Today’s Reflection:

The holiday season’s business seems overwhelming. There is so much to do, so many invitations to manage, so many people to see. In a time when we are supposed to be happy, we often seem more harried.

 

One reason I focus on joy in my life is the steady constancy that comes with it. Above so many fleeting events and emotions, the constant satisfaction that comes with joy helps make those other things seem insignificant. Hebrews 13:8 draws us to that same characteristic in the Lord. He is the same always. I take joy in the certainty that my God remains a constant force on which I can count.

Revised Common Lectionary Daily Readings, copyright © 2005 Consultation on Common Texts. www.commontexts.org

 

No comments:

Post a Comment